San Jose Christian College (SJCC) started as a dream from across the seas by the Avecilla family, led by Dr. Alfonso G. Avecilla and Mrs. Angeles M. Avecilla, and prominent members of the Maglaya, Mangaser, Unciano, and other families. With their vision of love and service to the young people of the Philippines whose educational pursuit had either been cut or stifled by the Japanese occupation, the families banded together to establish an academic institution called San Jose Colleges (SJC) in the former Municipality of San Jose (now San Jose City) in the province of Nueva Ecija. The inaugural school year took place in 1946-1947. Dr. Avecilla served as president of the college for almost twenty years, while Mrs. Avecilla served as counselor, teacher, and school treasurer.
The school was originally housed in a rented two-storey building along Sto. Domingo Street. As enrollment increased, a three-story semi-permanent school building was constructed across the street from the original location. In the early 1960s, a six-hectare lot on Sto. Nino 1st was purchased as the new campus location for the school. (Photos are provided courtesy of the Avecilla family.)
Five decades later, the school, renamed San Jose Christian College (SJCC), was now under a new administration. Construction on auxiliary buildings and improved facilities continued. Today, SJCC is proud to offer kindergarten, elementary and high school courses in accordance with the Department of Education of the Philippines, collegiate courses in education as well as masteral courses in education and public administration, in accreditation with the Commission of Higher Education of the Philippines.